Do you want less expensive home insurance coverage? Talk to our agents at Encore Insurance Group today!
Should a fire, windstorm, or some other accident damage your home, the cost of restoring your property might be more than you could afford out of pocket. However, if you have home insurance, your insurer would compensate you for the damage, allowing you to restore your home quickly.
Do you need help getting home insurance in Michigan? Encore Insurance Group has you covered. For over a decade, we’ve served the Wolverine State’s residents in finding insurance coverage that works for them. You can count on us to get you a reliable home insurance policy that will guarantee your peace of mind and save money.
What Does Home Insurance Cover in Michigan?
Homeowners insurance varies between insurers, but the standard policy will typically cover the policy holder’s dwelling and structures attached to it. Your dwelling is the house itself, and the policy will generally cover damage to its roof, walls, foundation, and other parts. The attached structures may include your garage, fence, deck, or yard.
House damage or loss may be from:
- Heavy winds
- Heavy snow or ice
- Falling objects
Besides the physical structure, standard home insurance can also cover personal property within the building. Personal property may include furniture, appliances, clothing, and more. However, the policy may not cover your jewelry, art, and other valuable assets stored in your home. For such assets, you might need to purchase additional coverage.
Lastly, the standard home insurance policy can provide liability coverage that would pay for injuries that a guest sustained on your property. For instance, if a guest should fall down your stairs, your home liability insurance would cover their medical bills and your legal expenses if the injured guest chose to sue.
Let our Encore Insurance team help you find a policy that will cover all parts of your home.
What Determines Home Insurance Prices?
Insurers consider several factors before quoting a price for home insurance. Some of the factors include:
- Location: Properties in disaster-prone areas or places with high rates of vandalism or theft may incur higher home insurance prices.
- Size: Home insurance for larger properties typically costs more than policies for smaller homes.
- Age: Compared to new homes, old homes usually cost more to insure. That’s because most old houses have less resilient building materials.
- Value: The market value of your property will influence your monthly premiums.
- Home-Based Business: Running a business within your home may lead to higher insurance premiums.
Of all the factors that affect the cost of insurance, the biggest one is the type of coverage you choose. For example, if you get additional coverage for jewelry and other valuables stored in your home, your policy will cost more than the average standard coverage.
Contact us at Encore Insurance today for a free quote.
Are Home Insurance Discounts Available?
At Encore Insurance Group, we work as brokers to connect homeowners with insurance companies that offer the best policies at the most competitive prices. We can further reduce the cost of your home insurance by helping you access multiple insurance discounts. Some of the discounts that are available for home insurance in Michigan include:
- Multi-Policy Discounts: If you combine your home and auto insurance, you can save lots of money. We work with several home insurers that offer such bundle policies.
- Safety Devices: Installing safety features like fire alarms and security systems can reduce your home insurance costs.
- Green Certifications: Some home insurers offer discounts to homeowners who have installed energy-efficient appliances or switched to green power sources.
- Claims-Free Discounts: If you’ve lived in your home for several years without ever filing a house insurance claim, you may be eligible for this discount.
Talk to the Leading Michigan Home Insurance Agents
At Encore Insurance Group, we aim to make getting home insurance in Michigan as easy as possible. That’s why we handle the process of shopping for the best home insurer policies and prices for you. Besides helping you find the best insurer for your home, we can handle filing claims on your behalf to ensure that you get compensated quickly.
Are you ready for a better home insurance experience in Michigan? Call 248-466-0200 today to start working with our experts at Encore Insurance Group.