For better car insurance in Michigan, call 248-466-0200 to talk to our Encore Insurance experts.
No one wants to be in a car accident, but regardless of how carefully you drive or park, something can still go wrong. That’s why you need auto insurance. With the right car insurance, you can get compensation to repair your damaged car, treat injuries from the accident, and more. If you need help picking the best auto insurance in Michigan, look no further than Encore Insurance.
As the go-to Michigan car insurance agent, we simplify finding the most competitively priced auto insurance policies available for our clients. Contact us at Encore Insurance today for a free quote.
What Type of Car Insurance Coverage Can I Get in Michigan?
Michigan state law requires that all drivers within the state carry no-fault auto insurance. Your no-fault insurance must offer:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage: PIP will cover the medical expenses of you and your passengers involved in an accident. The policy will cover your medical expenses regardless of whether the accident was your fault or someone else’s.
- Bodily Injury Coverage: If a car accident involving your vehicle injures pedestrians, your passengers, or passengers and drivers in other cars, this policy will cover their medical bills. It can also cover funeral expenses, legal fees, and pain-and-suffering costs. Minimum bodily injury coverage in Michigan is $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident.
- Property Protection (PPI) Coverage: This policy can pay up to $1 million for property damage caused by your car. The damaged property may include the cars, buildings, or fences of other Michiganders.
If you want more coverage than a no-fault auto insurance policy can provide, buy additional coverage with higher limits. Give us a call to discover your options.
Michigan Car Insurance Discount
Michigan passed the no-fault auto insurance reform in 2019. This law helped reduce the cost of car insurance in the state. However, if you want to pay even less for car insurance, call us at Encore Insurance Group. Our auto insurance agents can introduce you to insurers that offer these discounts:
- New Vehicle Discount: If you just bought your car, you can get a discount to drop your physical damage coverage premium.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Some insurers bundle policies. Putting your home and car insurance under the same policy, for example, will reduce your insurance costs.
- Good Student Discount: Some auto insurers offer discounts to 16- to 24-year-olds who maintain a B average grade or higher in school.
- Defensive Driving: Drivers over 55 years old can access this discount if they have passed state-approved defensive driving safety courses.
- Accident-Free: Drivers who’ve driven for several years without an accident can get an accident-free discount.
Note that discount types and amounts vary between insurers. If you qualify for multiple discounts offered by your insurer, you can take advantage of all of them to save money.
How to Get the Best Auto Insurance in Michigan
Before buying car insurance, you need to figure out how much coverage you need and can afford. Once you have that information, you can start shopping around for auto insurers that match your budget and needs. If you find multiple insurers that offer your preferred coverage, choose the one with the best customer reviews and lowest price.
Going through this entire process takes lots of time and energy, and you may still end up choosing the wrong product. At Encore Insurance, we’ve already shopped for the best auto insurance deals so that you don’t have to. Let our experts guide you towards top-value car insurance that protects your interests and saves money.
Are you ready to get five-star auto insurance in Michigan? Call our Encore Insurance team today at 248-466-0200.